Arvind has a great-looking plugin in MT Protect. Too bad I can’t figure out how to get it to work. I know it is something I didn’t do correctly, because others don’t seem to be having problems. I:
- Already had all my archives saved as .php files, so no problem.
- Changed my index file to .php instead of .html. I could no longer see my blog.
- I noticed I couldn’t see any archive pages either.
- Checked to see if I had all my tags in the right place. I think they were, but the instructions were not step-by-step “for dummies” type instructions.
- Checked to see that the plugin was enabled for this blog. It is.
I didn’t delete the plugin, because I feel like if I can get it to work, it will be good to be able to protect entries, especially now that all my blogs are on the same (read more accessible) domain, but I guess for now I’ll just have to make sure that I don’t write anything I would care if anyone out there read — which is precisely what I’ve been doing since February 2004, when I set up this blog at Upsaid following a nasty end to my tenure at Diaryland.
I have also enabled Gravatar. If you follow the link, you’ll see what that’s all about, but essentially it allows commenters to upload avatars that will appear next to their comments. You do have to wait for the Gravatar to be rated. I am only allowing “G” rated Gravatars on my site, because I do not want to offend parents, students, or co-workers who stop by. Plus, I just don’t trust you to keep it clean. Heh.