I got busy toward the end of the year and stopped reviewing my books. As of today, I’ve finished 60 books, surpassing my goal of 50. I have not yet completed any of the 2023 Reading Challenges, but that’s okay?I usually don’t really even participate beyond challenging myself to read.
I love Chapter Adventure for collecting the reading challenges in one place. It makes it so much easier to find interesting reading challenges. Starting on January 1, you’ll be able to see my 2024 challenge progress; the new link will replace the 2023 Reading Challenges link above. I plan to try the following challenges:
- The Audiobook Challenge. I love reading audiobooks but didn’t do as many in 2023 as usual. I am setting a goal to reach the Binge Listener level of 20-30 books.
- Read Around the World 2024: Book Voyage Reading Challenge. I always like this one. I rarely finish it, but it does encourage me to venture out, particularly finding books set in the Arctic or Antarctic.
- Historical Fiction Reading Challenge. Always my favorite genre. My goal is the Medieval level?15 books. I could probably surpass it, but I want to leave my reading schedule open.
- Motif Reading Challenge. I enjoy this challenge, though I rarely finish because I don’t typically read each motif; however, it does help me broaden my reading.
- Read Your Bookshelf Challenge. I like the choices in this one, and the motif looks like fun. I’m in to try.
As I always do, I’ll create a map to track settings for the books I read.