Friday’s Shelf Awareness newsletter linked to a post on Pop Sugar that included a book lover’s bucket list. I but a strike through each one I’ve completed.
- Go to a library bar. [Wait. These exist?]
Reread your favorite picture book from childhood.
- Create a reading nook.
Read a book from a genre you tend to stay away from. Stay up all night to finish a novel. Read a book that will teach you to do something.
- Read a romance novel in a cafe.
- Curl up with a mystery novel in a library. [I feel like I must have done this at some point, but since I can’t remember, I am not counting it.]
Listen to an author’s reading of his or her memoir.
- Leave an inspirational note in a bookstore.
Read a poetry book while drinking wine. Light up a literary candle. Read a book that’s becoming a movie. Give detailed reviews of books on Goodreads.
- Get a book signed by your favorite author. [I have had books signed, but Shakespeare doesn’t do autographs, so this one’s not possible.]
Kiss someone special in an old bookshop.[Probably have done. The Hubs and I go to old bookstores on occasion.] Start a book club.
- Visit a famous library.
Read a controversial book. Read a book in your softest PJs. Read an outdoor book in nature.
- Make book art.
Give away books to those in need. Read a book with your mom. Dress up as a book character.
- Read a book while watching the sunset.
- Throw a book-themed party.
- Read an adventure novel in a tree.
Read a nonfiction book that will change your life.
- Read a thriller during a thunderstorm.
Wear book-themed jewelry. Read a book to a child.
- Make a book-themed cake.
- Read a historical fiction novel in a historical place.
Buy or build yourself a new bookshelf. Relax with a book in the bathtub.
- Read a self-help book while listening to meditation music.
Read a book that you’ve seen the movie version of. Read an inspiring book written by a woman.
I don’t know. Not much of a challenge, right? It got me wondering what actually would make a good bucket list. I don’t have an answer, but I’m taking suggestions.
I am going through archives and trying to fix posts in which I used an old plugin to build Amazon links. At some point, it stopped working, and instead of just creating links normally, it embedded some code that just no longer works. It’s tedious, but I would like my old posts to have links that work. I think I’ll just work on it a little bit at a time until it’s done, or I will make myself crazy. I was really excited to learn that Amazon had build their own plugin for Amazon associates until I tried to use it. I guess it’s manually building links for me. Sigh.
I am really trying to figure out what to read. I really want to read Midnight’s Children, and I have a copy somewhere, but I can’t find it. There is a waiting list at my library on Overdrive, too. I don’t want to buy it again. I have enough books I can’t find a place for as it is. I need to see if my school’s library has it, I guess. Perhaps I’ll just return to the book I’ve been picking away at on my Kindle.
Perhaps a good bucket list item would be for me to weed my books and get proper shelves for all the books stacked around my house.