Just as the All About the Brontës Challenge is ending, I am embarking on a new reading challenge: the Everything Austen Challenge. Regular readers know I love Jane Austen, and I’m looking forward to completing this challenge. In order to complete the challenge, which runs from July 1, 2010 to January 1, 2011, readers must choose six Austen-themed things to complete for the challenge—books, movies, and even crafts count.
The six things I have chosen are the following:
- The Three Weissmanns of Westport by Cathleen Schine is a modern adaptation of Sense and Sensibility.
- Sense and Sensibility: although I read this novel years ago, seeing the movie again the other day and reading David’s reflections of his first read of it at Following Jane reminded me how much I love it.
- Mansfield Park: it’s the only Jane Austen novel I’ve not finished.
- Persuasion audio book, which I won from Laurel Ann some time back.
- The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James is a historical fiction novel featuring Aunt Jane.
- Miss Austen Regrets, the BBC-produced film about the last years of Jane Austen’s life.
I will blog reviews of each of these Austen-related items, even though I don’t usually blog movie reviews.
10 thoughts on “Everything Austen Challenge II”
Great selection of Austen books and movies Dana. Have fun! I look forward to reading your reviews
Thanks, Laurel Ann. And thanks for the copy of Persuasion. I suppose it's natural the older I get that I find myself related much more to Anne Elliot than any other Austen heroine. Truth is, I have a good ten years on Anne, too.
Glad to see you are joining in on this one! I am looking forward to reading Sense & Sensibility too. Have fun!
I wasn't sure I would at first because I've already re-read Pride and Prejudice this year, but I looked around and discovered I had enough stuff to complete the challenge. I was already interested in The Three Weissmanns of Westport after hearing a podcast interview with the author, and then watching Sense and Sensibility again last week reminded me how much I love, love, love that story. The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen was already on my summer reading radar. You have fun, too. What else are you going to read?
I'm so glad you've decided to join in on the fun!!
Thanks for hosting it!
Thanks for the shout out! I LOVED sense and sensibility!
You should join the challenge. You can read the four other books and maybe pick two movie versions to watch?? It's fun!
To enhance your Jane Austen experience this year, I thought you may be interested in my Jane Austen related event.
The Pemberley Ball!
Schedule is up with posts and giveaways all about Mr Darcy:
You are welcome to enter any of the giveaways which all end Nov 28.
ps: Come by and get a dose of Darcy!
Thanks for sharing!
Comments are closed.