Just as the All About the Brontës Challenge is ending, I am embarking on a new reading challenge: the Everything Austen Challenge. Regular readers know I love Jane Austen, and I’m looking forward to completing this challenge. In order to complete the challenge, which runs from July 1, 2010 to January 1, 2011, readers must choose six Austen-themed things to complete for the challenge—books, movies, and even crafts count.
The six things I have chosen are the following:
- The Three Weissmanns of Westport by Cathleen Schine is a modern adaptation of Sense and Sensibility.
- Sense and Sensibility: although I read this novel years ago, seeing the movie again the other day and reading David’s reflections of his first read of it at Following Jane reminded me how much I love it.
- Mansfield Park: it’s the only Jane Austen novel I’ve not finished.
- Persuasion audio book, which I won from Laurel Ann some time back.
- The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James is a historical fiction novel featuring Aunt Jane.
- Miss Austen Regrets, the BBC-produced film about the last years of Jane Austen’s life.
I will blog reviews of each of these Austen-related items, even though I don’t usually blog movie reviews.