This week I received a galley copy of Matthew Pearl‘s new book The Last Dickens, which will be released on March 17, and I feel duty-bound to sit down and read it since Matthew was kind enough to send it.Â Actually, I’ve been looking forward to the book ever since I heard it was coming soon.Â Folks interested hearing Matthew discuss the book, please note:
- March 17 at 6:30 P.M., Barnes and Noble, Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY
- March 19 at 7:00 P.M., Newtonville Books, Newton MA.
- March 23 at 6:00 P.M., Margaret Mitchell House, Atlanta, GA. (I’ll be at this event.)
- March 24 at 8:00 P.M., Books and Books, Coral Gables, FL.
- March 26 at 7:00 P.M., Prairie Lights Bookstore, Iowa City, IA.
- March 30 at 7:00 P.M., University Book Store, Seattle, WA.
- March 31 at 7:00 P.M., Books, Inc. (Opera Plaza), San Francisco, CA.
- April 2 at 7:00 P.M., Boosktail, Chicago, IL.
More information about venues, including full addresses, phone numbers, and contact information, can be found at Matthew’s Web site.
I would encourage you to check out Matthew Pearl’s books if you haven’t read them before.Â He writes smart literary thrillers that appeal especially to book lovers.Â I really enjoyed his first two books, The Dante Club and The Poe Shadow.Â One of my literary treasures is a signed manuscript page I won by correctly answering a trivia question at Matthew’s last stop in Atlanta.Â It was a lot of fun to meet him.Â He’s very friendly and personable in addition to being a great writer.