I recently discussed required reading in schools. You may recall my school has required summer reading in addition to reading done through the year. My daughter, who will start middle school in August, has a suggested summer reading list.
What about you? Do you read more during the summer? Do you set yourself a reading list?
I will admit that I don’t usually think about it that much. I just read. However, I decided to plan a little bit more this summer. This summer will include at least the following books for me:
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling
- Absalom! Absalom! by William Faulkner
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss
- The Ghost Writer by John Harwood
- The Egyptologist by Arthur Phillips
- Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books by Azar Nafisi
- Confessions of a Pagan Nun by Kate Horsley
- Sea Glass by Anita Shreve
- The Virgin’s Lover by Philippa Gregory
- Just a Geek by Wil Wheaton
And no, I cannot imagine that I will finish them all. If you are interested, you can always keep track of my reading on my bookshelf.