Meanwhile, I watched a friend’s copy of Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley finally, and while I didn’t like it as much as the version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle, I did enjoy it. I thought Donald Sutherland as Mr. Bennet was particularly good.
I had a gift card for Amazon burning a hole in my pocket, and after that movie, I wanted some more Austen. These were my purchases:
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
- The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James
- Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
- Jane Austen for Dummies by Joan Elizabeth Klingel Ray
- The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Brontë by Syrie James
OK, so I did sneak some Brontë in there. I do enjoy some of the “For Dummies” series, and this particular book has received some good ratings on Amazon. The others all look very interesting. I have particularly been wanting to read Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict for a while because I love time-travel stories. I tried to win a copy, but I wasn’t lucky. Mansfield Park is the only Jane Austen novel I’ve not yet read, and I can’t be a proper Janeite until I do.