I was tagged by Wendy for a meme. Here are the rules:
- List 8 facts/habits about yourself
- Post the rules at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed
- Tag 8 people and post their names, go to their blogs and leave them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and ask them to read your blog.
Like Wendy, I’m trying hard to think of eight things that would be news to anyone who reads this blog, but I’ll give it a shot. Perhaps one or two things you don’t already know will appear in the list.
- I am planning to go back to school soon for a masters degree. I want to major in Instructional Technology. I am really excited about the possibilities of Web 2.0 technologies in particular.
- I seriously considered becoming a French teacher, but I didn’t think I’d be very marketable if I couldn’t teach Spanish, too. Since I had no desire to teach Spanish, I didn’t major in French either. French was always my best subject in high school, however, and I won the French Student of the Year award in my senior year.
- My interest in the Middle Ages dates to two courses I took the same quarter in college — Celtic Literature and Medieval Literature.
- I like old movies and reruns of The Twilight Zone. I’m also a fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I used to gather with friends in dorm on Saturday evenings when new episodes aired.
- I was on TV in high school with fellow guitar students in my guitar class for a Christmas program. I never saw the program because we didn’t get the channel it was on.
- I decided to teach English thinking I could teach British literature, but I didn’t realize that was a real seniority-based course. Next year is my first opportunity to teach it after teaching in middle and high schools for nine years. I have mostly taught ninth grade English and American literature in my teaching career. I don’t think I’ll be happy until I have taught British literature for a number of years, and it won’t be until after that point that I move into instructional technology.
- I like a lot of different kinds of music. I guess that’s not much of a revelation, but I’m running out of stuff, here.
- I pick up musical instruments fairly easily, and it looks like my daughter does, too.
I’m not sure if I can think of eight people who would be interested in playing along, but I’ll tag Dana, Crankydragon, Steve, Dragon of the Valleys, Maggie, Sarah, Ben, Noah and Abigael (who all share a blog, so I felt it might be cheating to count them as three, but maybe it’s not), and Roger. Don’t feel obligated to participate if you’ve been tagged before, or if you don’t feel like it.