I have some books to add to my to-read list.
- The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
- The Memory Keeper’s Daughter by Kim Edwards
- Between, Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson (this is a real place, as anyone who has driven from Atlanta to Athens can tell you!)
- The Known World by Edward P. Jones
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
- Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
- Run with the Horsemen by Ferrol Sams (I read the sequel The Whisper of the River and loved it)
- Mockingbird: A Portrait of Harper Lee by Charles J. Shields
Thank goodness I have finished Classroom Instruction That Works. Maybe I can focus a bit on some pleasure reading.
One thought on “Adding to the List”
I loved, loved, loved The Memory Keeper's Daughter. I finished it in a couple of big gulps. It isn't the best writing ever, but it was certainly enough to keep me engaged and turning the pages.
The Known World is on my "to read" list as well.
I'm counting down the days until the next Meyer book comes out. I don't think she's the next Rowling, because the books don't appeal to such a wide audience. However, I think it is very refreshing to see my students reading again. (Of course, I'm glad when mine pick up a book, at all!)
Comments are closed.